- DLSD Information
- Sanitary Sewer
- Lake Operations
- Contact Us
Lateral Capping or Reconnecting
Capping an Existing Lateral
- No less than one full business day in advance, the plumber or property owner must complete a "Request to Cap a Sanitary Sewer Service Lateral" (see form below) and submit it with the required administration fee to DLSD. The 2020 Disconnect Inspection Fee is $100.
- The capping may not be covered until properly documented by DLSD staff.
- Property will cease to be a customer for billing purposes the 1st of the month after proper documentation of the capping.
Reconnecting an Existing Lateral
- Complete an "Application for Sanitary Sewer Service Reconnection" (see form below) and submit it and the required reconnection fee and/or administration fee to DLSD. The 2020 Reconnection Inspection Fee is $100 and the WalCoMet Administration Fee is $75 for a total of $175.
- No less than one full business day in advance, the plumber or property owner must call for lateral documentation.
- The lateral may not be covered until properly documented by DLSD staff and a complete lateral drawing is made for the files.
- Property will be considered a customer for billing purposes the 1st month after reconnection.
All work done which involves our public sewer system must be completed by a plumber licensed
by the State of Wisconsin.