- DLSD Information
- Sanitary Sewer
- Lake Operations
- Contact Us
DLSD Residents Can Choose To Purchase Service Line Protection
We are pleased to announce a program to further enhance protection to residents. Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA), a HomeServe Company, a leading provider of home repair solutions, has offered to provide optional repair service plans to our resident homeowners. Homeowners insurance may have or offer similar protection. Delavan Lake Sanitary District (DLSD) endorses these types of warranty programs with the aging sewer laterals in the District.
The service plans offered to DLSD homeowners through SLWA are affordable solutions to protect them from the cost and inconvenience of home repair emergencies, including water service line leaks on their property. As you may know, many of our residents become frustrated when they discover a broken water pipe and then learn that the repair is their responsibility. Homeowners are often unaware these types of repairs are not covered by basic homeowners insurance policies or by us. DLSD recognized that one way we could address this problem is to promote an optional service program that would protect our homeowners from the cost and inconvenience of this type of repair.
DLSD and SLWA have worked together to tailor the program to meet the needs of our residents. The marketing, customer service, and repairs using local, licensed, and approved contractors will be managed entirely by SLWA.
What you need to know:
- Over the next month, DLSD residents will receive an introductory mailing to inform them about optional exterior water or sewer service line repair plans available through SLWA. Because we have endorsed SLWA, the DLSD logo will appear on the mailings, which will clearly state that the program is voluntary and is administered by SLWA, not the District.
- The Exterior Water Service Line Coverage is available for $6.75 per month and an Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage plan is available for $7.75 per month. Services are billed, monthly, quarterly, or annually directly through SLWA.
- SLWA plan holders have access to a repair hotline that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and repairs are performed by local, licensed, and insured contractors.
- DLSD homeowners can learn more about these optional plans and SLWA by visiting www.slwofa.com or calling toll-free 1-866-922-9006.
- Founded in 2003, Utility Service Partners, together with its parent company, HomeServe USA, has partnered with over 700 leading cities, municipalities, and utilities to provide repair service plans that offer peace of mind and convenience. The SLWA program maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and is recognized as a trusted source of utility line service plans and is also endorsed by the National League of Cities.
- This service program only applies to single family homes or single family lots. This service program does not apply to multi-family structures, condos or commercial non-residential structures.